For a common Viking the axe was not just a war tool, it was an everyday item used in task like farming, woodcutting etc. Plus axes were way cheaper to buy and maintain compared to a sword. As Viking smiths were very experienced, their axes were quite durable and a very well balanced weapons.
This Viking axe features a great bit for chopping, short enough to throw, and on the other end it has a smaller finer edge. The head is constructed of forged iron steel with a rustic stone finish. The wooden handle has been sanded down and smoothed with a warm brown stained finish. The butt features a slight curve for balance and dexterity. It comes with a wooden wall hanger plaque. An all round axe perfect for renaissance fairs, display and cosplay.
- Overall Length: 26.5 Inches
- Thickness: 12.7mm
- Blade Material: Forged Iron Steel
- Head Length: 6.5 Inches
- Head Width: 9 Inches
- Handle Length: 22.75 Inches
- Handle Width: 2 Inches
- Handle Thickness: 1.13 Inches
- Handle Material: Wood
- Solid Cast Metal, Stainless Steel, Historically Accurate
- Bit Sharpness: Prepared Angled Edge, Easily Sharpened
- Handle: Hardwood
- Includes: Wooden Wall Hanger Plaque