Posted by cutlerywholesaler on 11/29/2019
Stiletto knife is an Italian knife and this is why it is sometimes known as an Italian stiletto. This knife, to users and enthusiasts, is a cool knife. What makes it cool is its unique appearance and immense strength.
Stiletto knife appears like daggers, but it is definitely not a dagger (though it has features of a dagger). It has a very long and slender blade (like a dagger). Most importantly, there is a sharp point on the blade.
This type of blade is excellent for thrusting, stabbing and slashing actions. With its needle-like point, it has the ability to penetrate deeply into the body and cause long term and deep wounds.
Originally, stiletto was used as a fighting knife in Italy. Soldiers used it for fighting their enemies. In Italy, gangsters and burglars used to have this knife as well.
Though it was a fighting knife originally, but today, it serves several other purposes. The size of the knife is reduced to make it easy to carry.
There are basically two versions of this knife, fixed blade version and folding version. Both versions are useful, but folding version is preferred by the users because it is a better everyday carry knife.
There are certain exceptional uses of this knife (regardless of any version). We would discuss those uses today. However, before we get to them, it is important to explore the types of stiletto knife.
Basically, the types differ according to the blade deployment mechanism. Anyways, let’s find the differences between the two types of stiletto knife:
Types of Stiletto Knife
1. Fixed Blade StilettoFixed blade Knives, stiletto is the older version of this knife. Like other traditional knives, this knife has an immovable or fixed blade. It has a slightly longer blade and possesses enormous strength in its blade.This version is mainly used for close quarter combat and for heavy duty cutting. But, it is difficult to carry and is not great for precise cutting. You need to cover its blade with a sheath (typically made of leather) while carrying it avoid injuries.
2. Stiletto SwitchbladeStiletto switchblade is highly popular and a frequently used knife. It is a type of folding knife with a blade that can be folded inside the handle with a push button.A switchblade always has a push button. Pressing the button quickly deploys the blade.This version of stiletto is easier to carry. It features a slightly smaller blade and with foldability of the blade, the overall size of the knife further lessens. It can easily fit into the pocket.This is one of the best EDC (everyday carry) knives today. It is helpful in accomplishing several routine tasks. Following are a few exceptional routine uses of a stiletto knife:
The Many Routine Uses of Stiletto Knife
- Cutting Grass from GardenWith a stiletto in your pocket, you can easily do your garden work. Just deploy the blade and cut all the unnecessary grass from the garden.In the shape of stilettos, you have a useful tool to beautify your backyard. You can cut or remove grass and useless branches from the garden.
- Cutting Seat BeltSometimes, you need a solid blade in an emergency situation. Well, we’re talking about accidents and car crashes. You need to set yourself free of the seat belt.But how would you cut the seat belt? Wait, your stiletto is there to assist you in cutting the seat belt and getting out of the car to survive further damage.
- Cutting HairAt times, you need to cut extra hair from your body. But who would like to head to a barber for this simple task?You don’t always need a scissor for this purpose. A stiletto switchblade is what you need to easily cut unnecessary hair from your body.
- Removing StaplesRemoving staples from the papers and documents is another task you can do with a stiletto knife. We often struggle to remove those staples.Obviously, you would try using your nails and teeth for this purpose, But don’t lose teeth or destroy your nails. Instead, just remove them with this needle-like blade.
- Cutting Tags from DressesThe needle-like point of the blade of a stiletto is extremely handy in doing these routine tasks. For example, you can cut tags from the dresses you purchase. New dresses always have these tags and it is essential to cut and remove those tags from your dresses.
- Making Holes in BeltsHere is another routine task that requires serious effort. People with short waist often struggle making holes in their belts.There is a lack of holes in the belts quite often. Drilling holes is not easy in the powerful and flexible leather belts. But with a stiletto knife, you can easily make a hole in the belt using its needle-like point or tip.
- Works as a ToothpickAs mentioned above, the tip or point of the stiletto blade comes very handy in routine tasks. You can also use it as a toothpick. You often eat outside and the food particles stick to the teeth.Also, toothpicks are not always there in the pocket, but if a knife is placed in the pocket, you can use it as your toothpick (be careful though).
- Making Holes in MaterialsYou can’t just make holes in a belt, with a stiletto knife, you can always drill holes in other materials. With its sharp point, you can also make holes in harder materials like wood.
- Sharpening the PencilsYour kids won’t need a sharpener for sharpening their pencils. Even if you need to do so, pull out your stiletto and sharpen the pencil with its needle-like point. No need to put an extra effort, it's pretty easy!
- Constructing ShelterCampers know what we’re talking about here. To build shelter, you definitely need a knife, but a stiletto knife is the best knife to construct shelter.It is very handy in clearing brush, cutting grass, and cutting small branches. And this is what you need to do for building shelter.
- Cleaning NailsHere is another task for which a sharp point of stiletto helps. You can clean your nails quite easily with this knife. You can clean inside and outer part of the nails.
- Cutting Loose ThreadsLoose threads on clothes are quite irritating. Surprisingly, many people try their nails and teeth to cut those threads and end up destroying their dresses.Don’t be too stupid to use your teeth for cutting loose threads. Be smart and use your stiletto knife. It can easily cut all the loose threads and prevent any damage to your precious dresses.
- Opening CansA few knives come with an additional bottle opener. This helps in opening bottles with ease. However, if there is no bottle opener attached to the knife, it’s blade can still help in opening the bottles.Stiletto has a very study blade. Also, the slender and thin blade can be used for opening bottles and cans.
- Getting Rid of Wild AnimalsHere again, we’re referring to outdoorsmen and campers. You often encounter wild animals while camping in the wilderness. They can cause a serious bit of damage.To survive these wild animals, your stiletto knife can help. It is a great knife for rescue in an emergency situation like this.
- Cutting WiresThis is another task you need to do on a routine basis. You need to cut wires ad internet cables and if you have a stiletto knife, you can cut them pretty easily.
- Cutting RopesA stiletto knife can’t just cut wires and internet cables, it can also cut ropes. You need to cut ropes at times, and with this knife in your pocket, your cutting worm can be done quickly and easily.
- Cutting NailsAre you a nail biter? Well, this isn’t a great thing to do. Try to avoid biting your nails. To get rid of this practice, use a stiletto knife for cutting your nails.With the practice of cutting nails with a stiletto, you can’t just cut nails easily, you can a;lso prevent biting your nails.
- Peeling FruitsWith a stiletto switchblade, you can peel fruits as well. It does not matter whether you are in your kitchen or travelling, you can pull out the knife from your pocket and peel fruits.
- Filleting FishFilleting fish is another magnificent use of a stiletto knife. Fishermen know that they need such a powerful blade for filleting. It does not just make it easier, it also gets the work done quicker.
- Play Throwing GamesKnife is often used for playing throwing games. In a throwing game, there is a wooden target, and the knives are thrown on target. The knife needs to stick into the target to score a point.Stiletto comes up as a useful throwing knife. Since it has a needle like point on the blade, it can easily stick into the wooden target. So, you can grab a few and start playing throwing sport. It also offers accuracy and pace.
- Breaking GlassStiletto knife features an extremely sturdy blade which can be used to smash glass. In an emergency situation, you need to break windows to get out of a building, specifically if it catches fire. So, with this knife, you can break the glass and save your life in such emergency situations.
- Tighten ScrewsStiletto is an advantageous knife for tightening the screws. If you don’t have a screwdriver, don’t worry, you have a great alternative.Since there is a needle like point on the blade of a stiletto, you can use it for tightening the screws. The tip can easily rotate the screws either way.
- Opening LettersWe often receive letters from our companies. Opening these letters is another challenge as far as you have a stiletto blade to open them.
- Removing StickersThere are stupid people who stick posters and stickers on your walls and pose a challenge for you to remove them. Generally, it takes a lot of effort to remove them.However, if you have a stiletto switchblade, this is not a problem for you. Remove the sticker or poster without damaging your walls or doors.
- SkinningSkinning is a tough task and hunters are aware of that. If you don’t have a powerful knife, your hunting effort is in vain. But, if you have a strong blade, you can enjoy hunting.A stiletto knife is a great thrusting and slashing knife, hence, it allows to do skinning with ease.
- Stirring DrinksSometimes when you are not at home, you don’t have anything to stir the drinks. But, you can definitely use your stiletto for this purpose.
- Cutting PapersCutting cardboards and papers is another exceptional use of an Italian stiletto. It’s blade possesses the power to cut these materials efficiently.
- Cutting Shopping BagsAt times, you need to cut shopping bags (for some creativity), and you need a knife in this regard. And no other than a stiletto knife.
- Making Spots for DrillingIf you are drilling holes, and you don’t have a pencil or marker to mark points or spots, you can use your stiletto knife to mark spots for drilling.
- Killing Dangerous InsectsWith your stiletto, you can also kill dangerous pets and insects. It’s sharp blade is advantageous for such tasks.
Get Your Routine Tasks Done - Get a Stiletto Knife!
So, what do you think? Would you be reluctant to use a knife that is extremely advantageous in getting routine tasks done? Certainly, no!
Your arsenal deserved to have a stiletto knife. In fact, your pocket deserves to have a stiletto switchblade so that you do your routine tasks quite easily.
Hence, explore the online market and get a stiletto knife of your choice and make sure you don’t miss to have a spectacular knife to accomplish your everyday tasks!