This Kettle Helmet is a stunning piece of craftsmanship, perfectly designed replica of a Medieval Kettle Hat. Fashioned from several pieces of formed metal and riveted together, this helmet was easier and cheaper to make than more complex helmets of the time. It was widely used by foot soldiers and crossbowmen (and sometimes cavalry) across Europe and during the Crusades from the 10th through 15th centuries. The war hat is one of the most common Medieval helmets for the ordinary soldier. It offered the wearer unrestricted situational awareness of the battlefield and good protection from blows and arrows coming from overhead, common threats when fighting on foot and during siege warfare.
This reproduction is 16 gauge steel, of riveted construction with small re-enforcing welds under the brim to anchor the ends of the re-enforcing bands around the strong rolled brim. The steel is burnished rather than mirror bright on the outside and painted black on the underside. It comes coated with light oil to prevent rusting. Included in the helmet is a adjusted Liner with chinstrap and a display stand.
- This handmade Kettle Hat is forged with durable 16 gauge steel.
- It is a fully wearable adult size helmet with fitted chin straps and leather liner.
- Helmets are shipped oiled for rust resistance. Oil is easily removed with a cloth.
- Burnished steel on the outside, black on the underside.
- Helmet Wooden Display Stand Included!
- Outer Width: 14 Inches
- Outer Height: 7.5 Inches
- Inner Circumference: 26.75 Inches
- Construction: Traditional Construction, 16G Steel