The Crusader Great Helm was developed early in the 13th century. The Great Helm became the mainstay of the medieval fighting man and lasted for about 300 years. Sometimes worn over a smaller helmet and mail, this beautiful helmet with its menacing, narrow eye slits was a strong, tough steel helmet fully capable of absorbing the shock of combat. The Brass Trim Crusader Great Helmet makes a stunning addition to the Armour set of any knight. Handcrafted, this historic steel helmet features an angular design with its many plates riveted together. The cross across the front encompasses the narrow eye slits, giving this armour piece a distinct, intimidating look. The small holes in the lower front portion provide ventilation.
- Embellished with a brass cruciform decoration
- Displays various ventilation cut-outs
- Patterned after the great helmets of the Middle Ages
- Excellent protection for sparring, reenactments, and more
- Includes wooden display stand
- Fabricated From 18 gauge steel
- Leather liner and chin strap
- Helmet Circumference: 28 Inches
- Helmet Height: 13 Inches
- Weight: 6 lbs. 10 oz.